Delphi didn't send me the chat log but I kept notes during.
Here is what we talked about:
- It seems to be the general consensus to call it The Rest Stop Writers' NewsLetter or MewsLetter
Columns: No decisions were made regarding
- Needs further Discussion
- Are we each designing our own page & sending it to Deane?
- Will there be a word limit for articles
Mission Statement: No decisions were made regarding
- We discussed this and felt this was a decision to be made by all
Copyright & Disclaimer Link
- We decided we should definitely copyright our work
- No decisions were made regarding link & disclaimer
- Combination of Links on one page and links in columns
- Is this agreeable to everyone?
- Awards Page YES
- List Service YES (need to decide which one)
- Need to know who has experience in this area
- Webrings YES (Starr is researching and will post results)
- Guest Columnist YES (catlancers was not discussed) How do we acquire?
- Tips from Readers YES (PawTips--feedback on name please)
- Archives YES (preferably for 1 year, discussed eventually maybe putting them on CD Rom and selling--feedback please)
- If financially viable
- Classifieds YES
- Section for Paid ads soon to come--need more information
- Sections like a Newspaper--not discussed
- Need more information
- Create our own award to distribute YES Alyssa is going to work on some and post a page for us to view and vote on
- ACATEMY Award YES
- Discussed an award for writers and one for different purposes--best of the web, etc... Feedback please
- Form a committee for reviewing sites--not discussed
- Choose award recipients
- Choosing someone to apply for awards--further along w/newsletter first
- Include a link to the Front Page and to our columns in our signatures
- We felt this decision should be made after we are further along with the page
- Classifieds YES
- Member Profiles Currently being worked on
- Information--meeting goals, publishing news YES contained within Columns
- Contests YES (Chris)
- Exercises YES (Chris)
- Genre Corner YES (did not discuss details)
Will we have a rota-system?
Who will write for?
More than one item of interest?
Q&A input from subscribers?
Deb, Starr, Alyssa, and Chris made the meeting. This is not a majority of the NewsLetter Staff, so if anyone does not agree with the decisions made, they are open for further discussion. Please feel free to post any comments on any topic we discussed or did not discuss.